Pregnancy massage is of enormous benefit . It emotionally and physiologically supports a woman during a time when her body is undergoing many changes. The body is put under a lot of pressure especially on joints, ligaments, muscles and organs.
Benefits of pregnancy massage
* Increases circulation and the distribution of nutrients and oxygen to your body and the baby.
* Helps reduce oedema and eliminates toxins.
* Relieves muscle pain.
* Helps lower blood pressure.
* Improves sleep.
* Reduces stress and creates a sense of well-being.
* Releases endorphins to both mother and baby.
A regular scheduled massage is a great way to focus on any muscle imbalances and to act as a preventative. These intervals can be anything from fortnightly, monthly or longer.
Lymphatic massage uses gentle pressure to move waste products around the lymphatic system to help patients suffering with lymphedema or post operation oedema. The massage is also referred to as manual lymphatic drainage (MLD). After a thorough consultation the massage will be tailor-made to suit your needs.
Remedial massage is used to locate an repair damaged areas of the body and speed up the body's own healing. Problems with muscles can trigger or radiate pain to other areas of the body. Remedial massage aims to trace the original reason for the pain, tackling both the cause of the problem and the symptom.
Benefits of remedial massage
* Relieves pain
* Gets rid of tension or knots.
* Keeps your body exercise ready.
* Reduces injuries.
* Restores the length and quality of your muscles.
* Increases flexibility and mobility.
* Reduces muscle cramps.
A combination of light and stronger strokes, it promotes total relaxation and muscle tension release.
Benefits of Swedish Massage
* Reduces stress.
* Improves posture.
* Improves blood circulation.
* Releases endorphins.
* Improves sleep.
* Increases the supply of nutrients to the muscles.